Current Employment Opportunities
ORGANIZED? INDUSTRIOUS? LIKE PEOPLE? THIS IS YOUR JOB!
Who We Are:
- We are not a moving company. We leave the heavy stuff for the moving professionals, though you are must be able to lift 30lbs.
- We help decide what moves; we pack, unpack, set up the new home as the client requests (i.e. put clothes in the closet, towels on the rack, glasses in the cupboard).
- We can organize items to be auctioned, donated to charity, consigned or taken to the dump. And, yes, we get rid of the boxes at the end of the day! If there’s a job a client needs done, we do it!
- We respect clients as family. Our client’s transition experience is the key to our success. We don’t just move their old problems to a new location.
- This is a part-time position; benefits are not available at this time.
- We will train you on all aspects of your job.
- Pay Rate is $13.00 per hour to start with raises based on performance.
- Hours vary week-to-week, and month-to-month. PLEASE NOTE: If you’re looking for a consistent 20-40 hour week, this is not the job for you.
- Shifts tend to be M-F between the hours of 8am-6pm. Shifts are typically a max of 6 hours.
- This is a drug free work environment; we test for illegal substances, including marijuana, prior to hiring and randomly on an ongoing basis. You must pass a background check prior to hiring.
What we require from our team members:
- The concept of being on a “team” is a practice, not just a word.
- Take direction while also showing initiative and creative drive.
- Seek out more efficient ways to do the task at hand.
- Respects the client’s life, time, privacy, and the expense of our service.
- Not easily freaked out by dirty houses, handling peoples’ clothes or personal effects.
- Organized thinkers.
- Finds the FUN in the work while remaining efficient and professional.
- Be healthy, able to be on your feet for a whole shift, and able to lift 30 lbs. We sometimes shift boxes within a room or reposition furniture.
- At least one-year commitment (after trial period).
- No smokers, perfume wearers or drug use.
We want to know why you’re interested in the job and why your personality is a fit. A formal resume is not required, but if you have one, please e-mail it as a PDF or Word document. Tell us about yourself and what you’ve done in the past (paid or not). We’re looking to see if your personality and work ethic are a fit with our team.
E-mail to: Linda@assistyourmove.com
Please, no phone calls!